British Battlefields is a new organisation which has been set up to promote and develop travel to British battlefields and other military heritage destinations. British Battlefields will carry out two main operations. It will promote Britain’s military heritage and offer travel and tour services to the public and the travel trade. The business will operate as a Social Enterprise and generate a revenue stream for battlefield destinations such as museums, battlefield societies, local guides and custodians of battlefield etc.
It is a fee paying membership organisation and there will be several levels of membership offering different levels of benefit, including:-
- Visibility as a heritage tourism destination to the trade and the Public You will have a web page on the www.britishbattlefields.com website. This is a website devoted to promoting heritage tourism to Britain’s battlefields offering advice to people seeking to travel independently as well as tours organised through British Battlefields and its partners. We can either write the copy for your website or you can provide it. The website has been designed to help visitors plan tours either by region or by theme.
- We will design and offer tours to the public which include your destination as part of a regional military heritage trail or as part of a historic themes tour. This means that your destination is part of a package that can be seen world wide by potential visitors interested in the military heritage of your part of the world or in the historic events linked to your destination.
- Representation British Battlefields can represent your interests in the organisations influencing Britain’s travel and tourism industry, including to government, parliament, Visit Britain, Visit England and the regional destination management organisations.
- Revenue Streams. British Battlefields offers several revenue streams for members.
◦ British Battlefields will be run as a social enterprise. 50% of the net business profits will be returned to battlefield heritage organisations.
◦ Web-pages can include calls for fund raising for specific heritage charities.
◦ Advertisements on your web-page can generate revenue for your cause.
◦ Local suppliers such as tour guides, hotels and restaurants will receive income from tours organised through British Battlefields.
- Promotional Campaigns. We will provide the opportunity to take part in promotional activities which promote your destination, either individually or alongside others with a similar theme or from a similar region. These include:-
- Familiarisation trips for the inbound or domestic travel industry and travel journalists.
- Media campaigns promoting battles and campaigns with forthcoming anniversaries.
- Participation in the travel and tourism industry exhibitions.
- Support and Assistance. We can help you to develop the heritage tourism potential of your destination. Taking advantage of the buying power of the membership we can buy services for you which are focused on supporting military heritage destinations. These include the following:-
- Business services (business or marketing strategy,)
- Marketing services e.g. advertising sales, PR , design etc.
- Training in e.g. battlefield guiding, fund raising, press relations etc.
- Heritage charity services e.g. fund raising, media, governance etc.
SIGN UP AT THE LAUNCH SUBSCRIPTION RATE OF £100 P.A.
Join by Direct Debit HERE
Or pay by Bank transfer or cheque to
British Battlefields Limited
Co-operative Bank Account number 68530761 Sort Code 08-92-50
57 Falkland Road, London NW5 2XB Office: 0207 387 6620